Best Decorated Premises Contest, 45th Annual
Sponsored by: Caufields Engraving, The Vassberg Team - Royal LePage Downtown Realty and Vernon Winter Carnival
Deadline: Fri. Jan. 26, 2018
Location: Places of business around Vernon
With multiple categories in the following 3 areas – Window Display, Window Painting (Professional and Non-Professional) and Interior Decorations & Costumes – there is a way for every business and organization to get involved and show some community spirit! Decorate your business for Carnival in Wonderland! All entries are judged with awards presented Wed. Feb. 7, 2018 for 1st and 2nd place in each category. If you would like to enter, please get an entry form from the Winter Carnival Office or off our website and submit by Fri. Jan. 26, 2018. Happy 58th Vernon Winter Carnival!
School Poster Contest
Sponsored by: Red Robin, Leap Art Supplies and the Vernon Community Arts Centre
Deadline: Tues. Jan.30, 2018 (To be in at the Vernon Winter Carnival Office)
Date: Viewing: Fri. Feb. 2 – Sun. Feb. 11, 2018
Time: During Community Arts Centre hours
Location: Community Arts Centre, 2704 Highway 6
All elementary school aged children from kindergarten to and including Grade 7 are eligible to enter a poster they create using Carnival’s theme “Carnival in Wonderland”. Judging will take place at 10:00am, Fri. Feb. 2, 2018, with an awards reception at 6:00pm on Tues. Feb. 6, 2018 at the Vernon Community Arts Centre. Prizes and ribbons will also be provided for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category. And teachers, remember, we have a draw for you too!
1. Poster must be on 11 x 17 white paper
2. Poster must be aligned so the short sides are the top and bottom of the poster (portrait/vertical layout).
3. The title “Carnival in Wonderland” must be displayed on the front of the poster.
4. The students name, grade, as well as the teachers name and school of the entrant must be shown on the top right hand corner, on the BACK of the poster.
5. No parent assisted or computer generated posters please.
Note: Not following the contest rules will result in deduction of points in the contest