Best Decorated Premises Contest, 46th Annual
With multiple categories in the following 3 areas – Window Painting, Performance & Costumes and Interior Decorations – there is a way for every business and organization to get involved and show some community spirit! Decorate your business for A Pirate’s Carnival! All entries are judged (Jan 31-Feb 1) with awards presented Wed. Feb. 6, 2019 for 1st and 2nd place in each category. Plus don’t miss out on the BEST Decorated Overall Grand Prize! Your business or organization could win CASH or a half page ad in The Vernon Morning Star!
Thanks to everyone who participated in 2019!
School Poster Contest
Attention Schools – get your students showing their Carnival Spirit! All elementary school aged children from kindergarten to and including Grade 7 are eligible to enter a poster they create using Carnival’s theme “A Pirate’s Carnival”. New This year – Schools are asked to display their posters at their school. Judging will take place at Thurs. Jan 31- Fri. Feb. 1, 2019. Prizes and ribbons will be provided for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place at each school. Prizes provided by Vernon Teach and Learn, Allan Brooks Nature Centre and Vernon Winter Carnival. And teachers, remember, we have a draw for you too!
1. Poster must be on 11 x 17 white paper
2. Poster must be aligned so the short sides are the top and bottom of the poster (portrait/vertical layout).
3. The title “A Pirate’s Carnival” must be displayed on the front of the poster.
4. The students name, grade, as well as the teachers name and school of the entrant must be shown on the top right hand corner, on the BACK of the poster.
5. No parent assisted or computer generated posters please.
Note: Not following the contest rules will result in deduction of points in the contest
Thanks to everyone who participated in 2019! Check out photos here!