Theme: “Carnival Remembers the 60’s”.
Date of Parade: Saturday February 8, 2020
Entry forms must submitted to the Carnival Office by: January 24th
- Your position in the Parade will be allotted by the Parade Committee. The Parade position number will be available from Wednesday, Feb 5, 2020 - Friday, February 7, 2020 at the Vernon Winter Carnival office from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Phone (250)545-2236. These numbers must be picked up prior to parade time .Numbers must be placed on front right hand side of lead vehicle (entry) - to enable parade announcers and judges to identify entries Vernon Winter Carnival will use Email as the main contact to parade entrants.
- All floats and special interest vehicles must be in assembly area and in position no later than 10:00am, ready to be judged. Judging will cease at 11:30am.
- Animals, clown units, marching groups and walking entries must be in position by 10:45am, ready to be judged.
- Judges will notify entrants when judging is completed. Bands, drill teams, cadets, colour parties will be judged on route. Awards will be given out at the Rec Center Auditorium during bandarama following the parade. Parade participants are encouraged to attend as refreshments are available.
- All animal entries MUST SUPPLY THEIR OWN POOPER-SCOOPERS & CLEAN UP all animal waste, before, during and after the event on an ongoing basis.
- Open flame is not permitted on or near the floats, unless special permit is obtained by the entrant from the Fire Department. Certificate may be requested by parade marshal.
- Parade marshals reserve the right to refuse entry to any unsuitably decorated floats or vehicles which, in their opinion, would constitute a hazard to the safety of the Parade, if they have reason to believe the driver or participants are impaired, or is otherwise unsuitable.
- Parade moves off at 12:00 noon SHARP
- Candies, handouts etc. can be handed to viewers. Throwing is forbidden.
A forward motion must be maintained. This will be strictly enforced.
Note: Parade assembly area is along 27th Street between 39th Avenue and 43rd Avenue. The Parade Office will have a map of the lineup and dispersal area. Please inform all members of your party where to meet once position and map is picked up. A marshalling/parade question tent will be set up across from Seaton School on 27th Street for all inquiries